- Develop a core team of committed volunteers
- Carry out fundraisers to cover coalition expenses
- Employ public health business planning methods
- Enhance grant seeking and grant writing skills
Tools & Resources
Local CCC coalitions are integral to increasing local implementation of CCC efforts, and LHDs need funding and support to build and maintain them. In the current economic climate, local CCC coalitions have to find creative ways to address the cancer burden in their communities with limited funding and a diminished workforce.
To garner resources to support coalition efforts, LHDs can recruit subject matter experts to provide invaluable expertise, implement fundraisers such as cancer license plate funds, implement volunteer development strategies to foster the human resources for coalition efforts, employ public health business planning methods to generate revenue, such as better clinical/preventive services payment structures, and apply effective tips for identifying grant opportunities and grant writing.
- What can we do to increase volunteer recruitment and retention?
- What fundraisers are feasible for us to implement?
- What public health business planning concepts can we apply?
- What is the best way to identify grants?
- How could a grant best help our coalition grow?
- What training opportunities exist to enhance grant writing skills?