- Develop a flyer and brochure that highlights your coalition's strengths
- Create a presentation kit you can use to deliver talks about your coalition to select target audiences
- Develop a list of conversation-starters for speaking about your coalition
- Create giveaways with your logo for distribution to community members at local events
- Set up a Facebook, Twitter, or Ning page to promote your coalition
- Make public service announcements on the radio
- Make TV appearances to promote upcoming coalition events
- Coordinate coalition events with larger community events that attract your target audience
- Offer incentives to get others talking about your coalition
- Host a contest to draw in new supporters
Tools & Resources
- Coming Soon
Market and Promote Your Coalition
Marketing and promoting your coalition is about finding ways to consistently get the word out about your coalition-who you are and what you do. It is the way you get people to support your coalition, utilize its services, and attend your events. Marketing and promotion efforts should be linked with branding to ensure that your efforts reinforce your identity.
You have many options for promoting your coalition, including making presentations about your coalition and its services to various community groups, businesses, and other potential supporters; developing and distributing business cards, promotional flyers, and other small media throughout the community; distributing giveaways with your brand/logo, (e.g., T-shirts); participating in events that will be well attended by the people you want to reach;carrying out social networking, advertising,and social media campaigns; making media appearances; hosting contests; and word of mouth.
- What are our strengths?
- Who is our target audience?
- What messages will get our audience interested in our coalition?
- What is the best way to reach them?